Friday, May 18, 2012

Good Friday morning. I know that it has been a while and a lot has changed for me. My husband and I, with our 3 fur children in tow, packed up our belongings and relocated to Shady Cove, Oregon. It is a beautiful spot   along the Rogue River which brings fresh inspiration with each day's dawning. No matter the direction, nature's majesty is within view; groves of trees, green pastures, the sparkle of sunlight the water of a creek or pond. Even the commute is peaceful.

Our move was prompted by "Dogs for the Deaf", a wonderful non-profit organization which invited the Hubs to become part of the family. The mission of this organization is to rescue dogs, make them over through grooming, veterinary care, and training, into assistance dogs for the deaf and hearing impaired. That on it's own is great. Add to it the autism program that is currently in development, along with the dogs that are trained to help those that suffer from emotional and mental challenges, this organization is a family we wanted to become part of and whole heartedly support.


As the first public show of support, Lexie and I are participating in the 21st Annual Dog Walk on June the 2nd. We are looking forward to meeting lots of new friends, human and canine, as well as doing a little fundraising on behalf of  "Dogs for the Deaf". 

Not to worry, though. I am still The Craft Goddess, and I will be bringing you lots of crafty ideas to encourage and inspire you. I have been sorting fabric, notions, and books for the last two days so that my workspace will be ready bring all my ideas to fruition and be shared with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment